Thing

DISCLAIMER


Welcome! The goal of this blog is to share my analysis of the free, publicly available user-reported law school applicant data from Law School Numbers. Using the data from Law School Numbers is problematic for a variety of reasons (such as users misreporting their actual information, users creating fake accounts, selection bias, etc.) and if I had access to it, I'd much rather work with the data that schools themselves have on applicants. We have what we have, though. Also, while I do have some facility with the type of statistical analysis I employ in my blog posts, I am far from being a professional statistician. I am doing this solely for the purpose of providing my analysis to interested readers, getting feedback, and generating discussion. What I am not doing is prescribing courses of action for law school applicants, or pretending to actually know what goes on behind closed doors in law school admission committees' meetings. I am, however, interested in looking at the story the numbers seem to portray, and sharing that with people with similar interests. I think I'll be able to provide a lot of interesting, and perhaps even helpful, analysis here, but at the end of the day, it is up to the individual law school applicant to put together applications and application strategies tailored to his or her own hopes and goals.

Sunday, May 17, 2015

It's been a while!

I was hanging out with my buddy Rob who runs MyLSN the other night, and he mentioned to me that this site is linked to in the Law School Admissions subreddit.  That made me feel both good and bad. Good because at least some people find this site interesting and/or useful.  Bad because I haven't done a thing with it in almost two years.

So, since I'm about to finish up my second year of law school and will have at least a little more time on my hands, I decided to start posting stuff here again.  I'm working on cleaning up updated data to start digging in to it.

In the meantime, if anyone has a question about law school admissions that might be at least partially answered by reference to the kind of statistics I have available, let me know!  I'm planning on kind of just updating and adding to the schools I cover, but am always in search of projects that might be helpful to people thinking about applying to school.


No comments:

Post a Comment